The Harvey Mudd Miniature Mystery (sponsored by Microsoft)
This is a puzzle hunt run by some Harvey Mudd students.
Stuff to know:
- Teams size should be up to 4.
- You need to be logged in to view puzzles. We will provide you with login credentials. Ask us if you forget.
- There are 11 total puzzles in this hunt, plus 2 interludes. Some things will unlock partway through the hunt, and
other things unlock by solving puzzles.
- Each answer is a word or a phrase, made only of letters a-z. Capitalization doesn't matter. Our answer system will strip your submission of any non-alphabetic characters and convert to lowercase
before verifying it.
- There is no guess limit. But please do not spam guesses, or write a script to submit guesses. This makes stuff less fun, and also we are running
on a free service, so we don't have a lot of computational power.
- Using the internet is encouraged! But please do not consult other people outside your team about the puzzles.
- What if I'm stuck?
- Check your work.
- Take a break, or let someone else on your team look at it. New eyes might see new things.
- Consider what information hasn't been used.
- Try just tossing things into google. Sometimes it works.
- MIT has some stuff you might try
- Hints are a thing. Your team will gain 1 hint every 30 minutes. Send these by google form here, we will respond by email. Please include team name,
and as much information as you can about what you have tried, so we can provide relevant help.
- If you think there's a mistake, let one of us know!
- Please follow the Harvey Mudd Honor Code.
- Have fun!
P.S. This website was created by one person. Please forgive him for when this site inevitably fails halfway through the hunt.
P.P.S. This is also why there is no CSS